Monday, February 18, 2008

A BLAST FROM THE PAST

OK, this is President's Day and, honestly, what does that mean to most people?? Unless you're a postal worker, in banking or a kid in school and get the day off, it doesn't really affect the majority of us or create a cause to celebrate. (BTW, I am beginning to feel like a postal employee - I spend a lot of time at the local USPS kiosk and without trying, have become an unpaid guide to many of the elderly people who struggle with the machine.....)
So, I know there aren't a lot of people who are at their desks reading me today, so I can get away with a bit of a side eddy from my regular content. Because I am, at heart, a cheesy sap, I am posting a Herb Alpert vintage music video. I didn't even know they had "music videos" from as far back as 1968!! Yes, I do like Herb Alpert. There. I said it. He's almost so outdated that he's kind of hip in a classic, American retro way. And this isn't entirely unrelated to the main subject of this blog - art. Herb is actually a painter as well, along with many other musicians, such as Tony Bennett, another amazingly talented guy. So, without further ado, here he is. While you're at it, check out the lashes on the girl in the video.....tell me what you think, but they've gotta be fake, because I haven't seen lashes that thick since the Muppet Show or Sesame Street.

5 comments:

pve design said...

Always loved Herb!
Those lashes are awesome!

annechovie said...

Hi Patricia!
Hope you are well. Aren't those ashes crazy? Talk about tarantula lashes...

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

I love that song! Herb is great!

Blessings!

Melissa

cotedetexas said...

Sophie Honeysuckle has a music box on her web site and this song is on it. sometimes I just go to her blog and turn it on and listen. I love this song, it brings back such great memories of my youth!

And I love the Lilac Queen! That's a great one!

Joni

annechovie said...

Thanks, Miss Joni - always great to have you stop by! Glad it brought back some good memories for you.

 
http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000028477615