Monday, August 22, 2011

EILEEN KATHRYN BOYD & HER COLOR CHUTZPAH


Welcome to a new week!
Eileen Kathryn Boyd is quickly becoming one of my favorite designers.  Her color sense sets her apart in a world of design pablum. Her work leaves you with the same feeling as hopping a plane from North Dakota in the dead of Winter and jetting off to Palm Beach or St. Barts. To say it's refreshing is putting it mildly. 


Eileen has designed a gorgeous line of vibrant fabrics for Duralee



I am a perennial fan of the pink/orange partnership!

 Eileen's shop in Huntington, NY


Love how she painted the chair frame an unexpected color


I came across Eileen's site and blog the other day (I am ashamed to say, for the first time! How could I have been so living under a rock??) I had admired her work all over design mags and the internet for a while, but without even "catching" who exactly was behind it. I was thrilled - quite frankly, surprised AND flattered to see she had listed Annechovie as one of her "must-read" blogs. If you're not already hip to it, you've got to get to know her work and be sure to follow her blog here. You'll feel like a kid in a candy store!

Photos courtesy of Duralee, Eileen Kathryn Boyd, Lonny and Decorati


24 comments:

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

Love that kitchen - pinned it! xo

Sarah B said...

She has a lovely style. Love the artwork and I agree, pink and orange are a great combo!!

pve design said...

So many fun flavors!
pve

Erica M. said...

The chair that she painted!

jacjewelry said...

Love the variety of colors! Thanks for sharing.

Sarah said...

Hi Anne: I love her work too as I recently saw a house she did in Traditional Home or HB or some design mag...also, I do love her fabric collection too - I can't live without great color combos and pink and orange never gets old!!

Claudia Fabiana said...

I think I've been living under a rock too. Her fabrics and rooms are breathtaking and fun. I've got to check out her site and blog too...

Do pop over and visit me at my blog sometime soon...

ciao

quintessence said...

I'm with you - I've seen her features in magazines but have never visiting her site or blog - I'll have to remedy that right now!!

Karena said...

Anne I adore her work and just by her dress you can see she has panache galore!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

La Petite Gallery said...

She really gave her work a great name. fresh looking work.
yvonne

Amy Vermillion Interiors said...

Delish! I need a shot of color right now!
She is a great talent. Thanks for sharing Anne!
Amy

Dumbwit Tellher said...

I agree Anne, just 'like a kid in a candy store'. Gorgeous..gorgeous.

Cheers ~ Deb

MrsLittleJeans said...

She is beautiful and her style is so refreshing...I feel I can breathe ocean breeze. Hope you have a great week Anne!

CDS said...

That's what I call a color explosion! Nice! xo

Sean Santiago said...

ditto for the pink/orange combo - love that bedroom!

designchic said...

So many great colors...adore her style!!

Unknown said...

What beautiful fabrics & I too love this pink & orange combination it works gorgeously. I will defiantley check out her blog thasnks for the post

The Buzz Blog said...

Is it ok to say we knew her when? It's wonderful to see such a talent translate to other products and fun to see our pink peonies in the Duralee picture!
xxoo

Unknown said...

Wow, I love the bright, crisp colors she uses!

Anonymous said...

Juicy, cheerful, chic, eye-popping!

Thanks for sharing - hope you are well and summer is winding down nicely for you---

Best Wishes,

Linda
beachside cottage

Kariyah said...

Beautiful! Like stepping into a flower garden:)

http://kariyah.blogspot.com/

Trudys Emporium said...

Hi Anne, her rooms are to die for love the colours, have a fantastic well deserved weekend!

maria l. said...

Acertado uso del color y el espacio, sin estridencias a peasr de l uso del fluor.
Me gusta el interiorismo, aunque mi trabajo esté muy lejos de ello.
Me gusta tu estilo

Eileen Kathryn Boyd said...

Thank you for featuring my work on your blog....a lovely surprise as I am a fan of your site. Chutzpah....love it! Have a wonderful Holiday Weekend!
EKB

 
http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000028477615