Friday, July 13, 2012

INGENIOUS BACKSPLASH


photo by Annie Schlecter

Here's a terrific solution for a colorful and unique kitchen backsplash that won't look like any other home OR break the bank. I had seen reverse painted glass as a clever backsplash, but never before had I seen fabric in this role until I spotted this on the in Kelly Black's NYC apartment on the New York Design Hunting website here. Take some favorite fabric, whether it's a wild designer pattern (like this Josef Frank design) or something more sedate, and sandwich it between 2 pieces of glass and secure it to the wall. No grout, no seams, no elaborate installment. The fabric is on display, but protected and you can switch out the fabric from time to time should you grow tired of it. What do you think? Like it? OR what about commissioning a work of art on a canvas roll for the same purpose?? Hmmmm.....
HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEKEND, EVERYONE!

10 comments:

La Petite Gallery said...

That is very Bold, it will really wake you up in the morning. Maybe
just what I need. Hope all is well with you Dear Anne.
all my best-yvonne

Donna Benedetto said...

Great idea and so personalized.
When you get tired of it you can change it out for another fabric or hand painting.
Donna
thebeneblog.com

pve design said...

I love it! That happens to be one of my favorite prints!
pve

A Southern Preppy said...

I love the idea of fabric. It would make my kitchen so much more versatile so that I could purchase a print. Hmmm...like a certain pink espresso machine that I've had my eye on. :)

Karena said...

Adore this idea Annie; think of all the options!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Liza Hirst said...

Love it! The idea and the fabric. Have a nice weekend, Anne!

Unknown said...

So delightfully cheery! If you would, head on over to my blog tomorrow...I may or may not have mentioned you... ;)

quintessence said...

What a great colorful idea!!

Unknown said...

I love this idea--this could be the answer to re-tiling my kitchen!

xo Mary Jo

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

this has to be one of the boldest use of Josef Frank, I love it!

 
http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000028477615