Monday, September 3, 2012

STATELY SOUTHERN HOME


I love interiors and they were some of my very first subjects when I started painting years back. This is a recent commissioned piece on canvas that I painted for a client in Georgia. It's of her mother's elegant living room and a very special chair that her father always sits in while they open their gifts on Christmas morning. 
What a thoughtful gift and a great way to visually document a well-loved home and such special memories. If you're interested in something similar why not contact me here for more information?

7 comments:

pve design said...

Makes me want to paint one of my favorite living rooms.....my grandmother had a painting of the last supper over her mantle and we gathered there for many sunday suppers, always full of grace.
What a pretty room! Lovely Anne!
pve

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

So beautiful, Anne. I love the colors and the room. Southern beauty.
Happy Monday.
Teresa
xoxo

La Petite Gallery said...

Anne, I could live in your painting.. yvonne

*Chic Provence* said...

Anne this is beautiful and reminds me so much of my Mom's (deep south) living room... right down to the secretary and the pink velvet upholstery!

Love

xo

Kit

Christy said...

Wow it's so beautiful Anne! AND this gave me a great idea - one day I'd love for you to paint our living room, all decked out for Christmas!!!

CDS said...

That is quite a home!!

Karena said...

Anne I too love to see paintings from beautiful homes There have a place in history Your work of art is lovely!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

 
http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000028477615